This would be eaten in typically Palatine fashion with sauerkraut and gravy or with horseradish sauce. As an alternative, the Palatine native will sometimes eat his favorite dish gently roasted in butter with fried onions and a delicious green salad.
Our recipe idea shows you one favorite method of preparation.
- 2.25 pounds (i.e. one “kilo” if you are ordering in a German butcher shop) of fresh beef liver
- Just over half a pound (i.e. 500 grams) of ground beef
- three eggs
- three leftover rolls
- a spoonful of breadcrumbs
- a pinch of marjoram
- a pinch each of salt and pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg
- First finely chop or mince the liver into small pieces and mix it with the ground beef
- Soften the leftover rolls well in warm water, then squeeze the water completely out.
- Blend the ground beef mixture with the eggs, the softened rolls and the breadcrumbs
- Add the spices to taste and with wet hands, form the dough into dumpling shape
- Place the dumplings into boiling water and simmer at low temperature for 10 to 15 minutes
CURRENT INFORMATION WITH REGARD TO COVID - 19
According to the current loosening of the state Rhineland - Palatinate, the gastronomy will be open for you again from 13.05.2020.
Tourist overnight stays are permitted from 18.05.2020.